Friday, January 22, 2010

Affiliate Bookstore

 Updates

Finally got the bookstore part of the site to blend with the rest.
Now it has a header like the Journal and a top menu.

I did try this before.
Coding the template from scratch.
Learning CSS, improving my design skills.
What I learn is that I need a basic shell to work with.
It saves time and works better for me.

Using a core template created by someone else was another problem.
Always something missing or parts I didn't need. Solution, create my own basic template and work from there.

Once done, I used the same colour codes to make changes to the my Amazon affiliate's store.
Then pasted the inline frame code into my template shell and voilà, a store that looks way much better than a widget.

Handcrafted CSS: More Bulletproof Web Design


P.S: No longer using Artisteer.
Except for the this blog and the Journal and Photo blog created with Wordpress, the rest is all coded manually in Notepad ++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting me know what you think.