Monday, February 2, 2009

Hybrid Perpetual roses

English Rose

  
  When I bought this rose bush in June of last year on the Byward market in Ottawa, it was tagged as a Ferdinand Pichard.
I collect old garden roses.
At first glance I knew this wasn't likely because it didn't have the distinctive stripes.
Ferdinand Pichard does fade to blush purple so I thought the blooms were a few days old.
So I planted it in a sandy loam amended with a vegetable compost with bone and blood meal.
The blooms opened blush purple.
I did have roses change shade because of the soil ph but I'm not sure if it would affect stripes.
The base colour is correct but no stripes.

The rose is now identified.
This lovely old garden rose is a Paul Neyron, Hybrid Perpetual

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting me know what you think.