Thursday, November 8, 2012

Skin

Mo Hayder


Years ago, I started to avoid books with violent scenes.
Certain authors include them more than others, and I stopped reading them.
I read to distract me from my daily routine and to escape for a short while, not for getting nightmares.

Reading a negative review about a certain author made me curious enough to read a preview chapter on her latest book.
I am now reading a fourth book by Mo Hayder, Skin .
She doesn't pull the punches.
At the end of the previous book, Ritual, the author shares her reasons for creating DI Jack Caffery and police diver Flea Marley. She also introduces us to The Walking Man, an interesting character with a violent past. She puts into words the thoughts you might have in the same situation and hopefully never act on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting me know what you think.