Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Self Publishing

Options

I am now researching Self-Publishing portals for a photo book.
Right now, Blurb is at the top of the list for a print edition.

Amazon offers Kindle Direct Publishing and for printed books Create Space, which does not rate well for photo books.
But the marketing possibilities would be hard to beat.
I have a few Digital Photography books in Kindle editions and they look amazing.
The advantage with them is that the Kindle free Reading Apps can be installed on most devices.


Now Kobo is about to launch its own version called Kobo Writing Life: Publishing.
Since I read fiction books on a Kobo, I'm looking forward to seeing their options.

Blurb does offer an ebook option for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
They are working on adding options for more devices.
When I shop for books and magazines, I always check first for a digital version.

All future updates on the photo book will be posted in the Artwork and Photography Blog



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting me know what you think.