Friday, March 9, 2012

Country Flowers

Antique Flowers Series

 My inspiration for photography and gardening comes from different sources.
My fascination with photography began at the age of eight.
Gardening came later, when I had my own home.

Now I have a library filled with books on both subjects.
There are also the stacks of magazines I can't part with.
One of my most cherished books is
Country Flowers: Wild Classics for the Contemporary Garden by Rob Proctor .
Published in 1991 and my copy is a first edition.

In this book, we learn the history, lore and folk usage of indigenous flowers and naturalized garden escapees.
The Garden Photography is by Rob Gray who contributed to several other books.
The flowers are presented in garden settings and indoor arrangements.
The combination makes this book a work of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting me know what you think.