Monday, October 5, 2009

Wenlock English Rose

English Roses

I pride myself for nailing shots in camera, most of the time.
For the Wenlock (See photo) I tried early morning, cloudy days, just before sunset.
None of them turned out exactly like I wanted.
If you check the photo of this rose in the Botanica roses you can see that this rose presents a challenge.
The colour either glows or is too dark.
The photo used on the David Austin Roses site is a bit too dark and doesn't bring out the shade's subtle changes.

Fortunately,this rose blooms often throughout the season.
This gave me a chance to try different methods.
But even this shot wasn't quite right.
I use Adobe Photoshop Elements 7for editing and with the photo filters, I was able to reduce the glow.
But you need to see it up close to appreciate the colour.

Too bad I can't enter this photo in the David Austin's US Garden Rose competition Its not open to residents living north of the border.

If you want to add this lovely rose to your own collection they can be ordered online from Hortico
You can check out their Shipping cost and detailpage to find out if they ship to your area.

The English Roses: Classic Favorites and New Selections

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting me know what you think.