Saturday, June 27, 2009

Mystery Rose



Bought this rose last year labeled as a Ferdinand Pichard. I had doubts but loved the colour and the fragrance. I've been trying to find out if this is a named variety. I did have a rose that was very similar, a Blue Boy, a modern shrub rose. The leaves, like the Blue Boy, are large and glossy. The growing habit is also the same. But for the shade, I can't remember exactly. Didn't have a decent camera at the time, so no photo.

I did find another possibility, Shocking Blue Floribunda. But I never seen one in person, so I can't be sure. More photos are on my garden photo site. The article includes two photos and a link to more. If you have an idea what this rose is or need more details to figure it out, please let me know.

P.S: This rose as no black spot problem. Found a few Japanese beetle munching on the petals but got rid of them before they had a chance to do real damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting me know what you think.